Our President gives a tour of the two types of accommodation available to Furness students.
This year’s Extrav theme is When Worlds Collide – the coming together of four different universes for the ultimate end of year blow out! With endless costume possibilities, we’re expecting big things in the fancy dress department this year. We’ve also got some incredible music acts for you this year with the likes of DJ Caino, Phil Rostance & The Marshall Band, Cleopatrawr, DJ Hecs and Katie Walker. It’s an event that will be simply out this (or any other) world!
For more information on tickets please visit lusu.co.uk/extrav-tickets/
Graduation Day is one of the highlights of the College year, and we look forward to sharing this big occasion with our Graduands, their families, partners and friends.
Closing date for ceremony ticket requests is Friday 11th April 2014. Two guests are guaranteed, and any extra ticket requests will be dealt with by our Central Ceremonies Office after the initial allocation has been made.
The Furness College ceremony will take place at 4.30pm on Tuesday 15th July.
Our College will be holding an Afternoon Cream Tea before the ceremony, starting at 1.00pm. Information and booking form are being sent to home addresses over Easter. This is always a really popular event, and tickets are on a first come first served basis. Tickets cannot be purchased on the day.
Good luck to all our final year students with their exams, and we hope to see you on Graduation Day.
What better way to end our second annual Action for Happiness Week than coming down to Trev on the evening of the 7th of March for an evening of classic entertainment in the form of Paul Palmer’s Jazz quartet.
Paul plays regularly at Zefirelli’s in Ambleside, at the Keswick Jazz Festival and last summer he played at Lancaster Jazz. His regular haunt is Hope and Anchor in Ulverston, but he plays throughout Cumbria and Lancashire.
See Paul’s website for more information http://
Jam-in-Furness is a night of chilled out music with a twist – If you’re interested in joining in with your favourite instrument to give you a break from exam stress or just for fun, please email Bev Whitaker at:
It’d be great to see you there!
Furness JCR and Wlodek Tych (Furness Principal)
Prices are inclusive of VAT | *3 bottles of fewer left in stock.
- Silkwood Semillon Chardonnay: (2011 | £5.99) A delicious blend, full of passion fruit and citrus flavours. Ideal with chicken or pasta.
- Puzzle Ridge Shiraz: (2012 | £7.50) A nose of spicy dark fruit and Demerara sugar with a hint of oak and a spicy peppery finish.
- Silkwood Merlot: (2012 | £5.99) Ripe fruity berry flavours with a strong Blackcurrant finish. Will go with rich pasta or lighter meat dishes.
- Head over Heels Sparkling Chardonnay: (£7.25) Rich and creamy with flavours of apples and oranges and with a zingy acidity.
- Foundston Raisined Semillon: (2009 | £4.00 – Half Bottle) A luscious desert wine with rich apricot citrus and nutty aromas.
- Quady’s Essencia Orange Muscut: (2005 | £6.25 – Half Bottle) Made from 100% Orange Muscat with an aroma of orange blossom and apricot and a lingering refreshing aftertaste.
- Altidues Sauvignon Blanc: (£5.60) An intense bouquet of pear and citrus. It is ideal as an appetizer or with seafood.
- Altidues Merlot: (£5.69) Ripe fruits with a hint of herbs and sweetness. Good with red meats and pasta.
- Cono Sur Bcicleta Pinot Noir: (2012 | £7.59) With flavours of cherries, blackberries and plums will go great with roast chicken or turkey.
- Las Condes Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé: (2007 | £4.30) A fresh fruity rosé, strawberry in character, great with chicken, pasta and light dishes.
- Picpoul de Pinet Le Pied Marin: (2012 | £6.99) Pale yellow in colour with peaches and lemon on the nose. It has flavours of ripe fruit and citrus and will compliment shellfish and sea food.
- La Forge Carignan: (2012 | £7.49) A full bodied wine with aromas of spices blackberries and cocoa It has flavours of juicy fruit and a well rounded finish. Good with beef or spicy food.
- Ciboise Blanc Luberon Chapoutier: (2011 | £6.99) Aromas of lemons and exotic fruits with flavours of apple and citrus. A great food wine.
- Ciboise Rouge Luberon Chapoutier: (2011 | £6.99) A brilliant garnet red colour with tannic blackberry and blackcurrant flavours. Great with meat and meaty fish.
- Dahlem Oppenheim Riesling Kabinett: (2012 | £7.50) A well balanced traditional Riesling from Frank and Axel Dahlen. Will go well with Asian dishes.
- Colli Vicentini Merlot IGT: (2012 | £6.75) A medium bodied wine with red fruit aromas and hints of coffee. It has soft tannins and a plummy fruit character. Great with any Italian food
- Barbera E 100 Per Cento: (2011 | £8.95) Aromas of ripe cherries with ripe fruit and chocolate on the palate. Will accompany meats game and soft cheeses
- Cielo Merlo Raboso: (2012 | £4.99) Velvety round and full bodied with hints of green pepper. Goes well with white and red meat dishes and mature cheese.
- Project 4 Reserva: (£5.99) A unique wine with aromas of red cherries and blackcurrants. Great with paella or tapas.
- Signal Cannon Merlot: (2011 | £8.29) Ripe red fruits with a peppery spice and a hint of toasted oak. Selected for use on Virgin Atlantic business flights.
A man from Lancaster in a homemade leopard suit performs songs about Vimto, trains, service stations and the seaside. Kriss Foster & friend: Mr Ferris, present a show full of stories, interesting instruments and trinkets. For fans of Flight of the Conchords and John Shuttleworth.
– ‘Dead good’ (NME). ‘A great disappointment’ (his Gran).
So make sure you don’t miss out and join us on the 15th of November at 20:30 at Trevor (JCR Room – Back of Trev) and CLICK HERE to join the event on Facebook.